Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mondial de l'Automobile Paris 2008

The Paris Motorshow takes place every two years in the exhibitions hall at the Porte de Versailles; and there I went for the second time after my first experience in 2006. It's not a motor show in which you would expect impressive novelties from the motor world, but rather more one to find nice cars and some historic jewels. Here are the pictures for you to enjoy, road and race cars, from now and yesterday (I want that Maserati! :-) )


It's sad to see that several of the official teams represented by those cars would finally retire from competition shortly after. Subaru and Suzuki never started the 2009 WRC season; Honda retired from F1 at the end of 2008; Mitsubishi announced they won't take part of the 2010 Dakar. Crisis times...

"I owe motor racing all I have, which is a lot. My friends came to me thanks to the motor racing, because this is how the shed was born first; and how I passed to the garage later. Friends that many times were much more than that, which is already a lot."
Juan Manuel Fangio

While I'm writing this comes the news of the dead of Henry Surtees, 18-year-old son of 1964 F1 champion John Surtees, in a Formula 2 race at Brands Hatch. Sad day, R.I.P. Henry...

(esta entrada en español)

0 comments:

Post a Comment